IBM Workplace Services Express
Welcome to your site!
IBM Workplace Services Express creates an exciting and secure work environment by blending customized tools that promote
collaboration and communication within your organization. The site interface is divided into a tool bar, a navigation
bar, and a content space. The following information provides descriptions for these site components.
- Tool Bar
- The tool bar encapsulates administrative functions in a single, accessible location. In the default interface,
the tool bar provides access to My Work, Templates, Administration,
Actions, Logout, and Help. In
a typical environment, Templates and Administration
are reserved for site administrators.
- Navigation Bar
- The navigation bar offers users access to an organized list of components of
the site. The default components on the navigation bar
are Welcome, Mail, Team Spaces, and Search.
- Content space
- The remainder of the page is devoted to site content. Here you will find various components, most of which
can be added to, moved within, or removed
from any particular page in the site. Some of the important collaborative and customizing components you
will find here are the People Palette and the palette menu.
- People Palette
- The People Palette promotes communication among team members and includes People Finder and Instant Contacts.
People Finder allows users to locate people in your organization and view detailed
information about them, such as name, phone number, or job title. Instant Contacts
allows users to chat with team members that are online and available. Users can expand the People Palette from anywhere within IBM Workplace Services Express to access People Finder and Instant Contacts.
- Palette menu
- The palette menu allows users to customize the layout by quickly adding new components.
A user can open the palette menu to search for content, and then use drag and drop to place the content on the
site. When you are not using the palette menu, it remains minimized to one side of the site.
Additional help is available
In each of these sections of the site, as well as within individual components, you can find context-sensitive help
by clicking on the embedded help link, indicated by a question mark (?).
Also, you can read the Information Center for additional product documentation.
Customizing your site
You can change the layout or content according to your needs. To assist you, Getting Started
offers starting points for changing the look of the site, adding page content, rearranging the content on a
page, and creating a new page.
Signing up and logging in
Users can gain initial access to the site through self-registration. By clicking
Sign up, users can step through the registration process by providing personal information and preferences.
The following steps provide instructions for signing up and logging in:
- In the site, click Sign up. A form for entering the user information is then displayed.
- Complete the form by typing the requested information.
- Click Continue
to go to the next page. A confirmation page is displayed with your enrollment information.
- Review the information you provided.
- If the information is correct, click Continue
to submit the new account request.
- To make changes, click Cancel
to return to the form and make changes.
- When prompted that the enrollment was successful, click Continue
to return to the site.
- After you sign up, click the Log in icon to enter the site and get started.